Sunday, May 30, 2010

Braggin' rights

Yesterday morning I set out for my long run. I knew I could run 6 miles but I was determined to run 7.

7 miles is the farthest that I have ever run and the last time I did it was over 3 years ago. We were headed to Mexico and of course as always I wanted to lose weight and be fit so I would look good in a swimsuit. So my plan was to eat insane amounts of veggies and protein and run. I made a goal to run 7 miles before our departure. My hubby and I headed to the greenbelt for a long run. He went ahead with the dog because we most definitely do not run the same pace. I had decided to run 4 miles out and then see how far back I could run. The furthest I had gone before then was 5 miles. After I made it 5 I asked myself, "what's one more?" Toward the end of 6 I convinced myself that I never wanted to run that far again so if I continued on I would meet my goal and be finished (FOREVER). I made it 7 and walked the last mile. I was exhausted! I made it to the car and my dog ran up to meet me, jumping on me and smacking me in the chin. My hubby scolded me for allowing the dog to jump on me. I collapsed into a heap along side the greenbelt and started bawling. My hubby looked around to see if there were any spectators. He was embarrassed and so was I but I didn't have the energy to fight it. It was a very long time before I ran again. And until yesterday I had never attempted to go that far.

I have to say that I did make it 7 miles and I walked into the house yesterday with a gigantic smile on my face. No tears and a lot less pain this time around. Now I have to just keep on, keepin on. No quiting this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment