Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Let's get going.

I started this blog over a year ago after a run in with melanoma. I wanted to voice my fears and maybe come into contact with some people out there that share them. Well a year has past and this is my very first post. I still have some fears but my focus has changed....

I have decided to start an online walking/running club. My friend Ashley and I attempted to start one last fall but it went like this:
First there was just two of us, then another joined. Finally our club made it to four. Then suddenly we were back to two, and all of that took about two weeks.
Recently I was a "running" buddy for my niece who is participating in the club Girls on the Run. (running is in quotes because I was more of a walking buddy) Anyway the Hornet Run was my inspiration. My hubby ran, and although they weren't entered, my sister, brother-in-law, and nephew walked the course. We had a blast together! I loved it and I think that they did too.

So here we go. Most everyone checks facebook daily, I figure if I am entertaining enough people will check this out too. I am going to set a weekly goal for our club. I am hoping that all of you will participate. I am expecting comments and updates on your progress. As I am the only member so far I will have to do some recruiting. Because I am a freak about things I have to post the goal on a Sunday.......stay tuned, our goal is coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment