Sunday, May 9, 2010

Goal of goals...

So first off Happy Mother's Day everyone. Had a great weekend in the hills with the family. We did a little bouldering and rode the ATVs, it was a fun time and the weather was fairly cooperative. My grandma and I chose to walk to the bouldering spot instead of riding so score one for the walking club. Also my water drinking goal, um, well didn't go so well this weekend.

The goal of my goals are to be healthy and to stay active. I would love it if you would participate along with me and I am trying to keep them focused on everyone. Another goal I have for my goals is that I will build on them trying to turn them into habits. This week drinking more water should still be on my mind. Also I want to keep my goals away from things like... "My goal is to drop a dress size" or "My goal is to lose 10 lbs" or "I want to get rid of my love handles". Lot's of young girls have bad body images because of society, my goal is to teach my daughter how to be healthy and active without worrying about how she looks in a bathing suit. So I am trying really hard to stop saying, "man I am looking fat" or "look at my cottage cheese butt". It is going to be really hard for me but maybe if I start now by the time she is old enough to notice I will have turned over a new leaf. If you have suggestions for goals I am all ears.

This week the goal is to: walk or run AT LEAST 3 days this week and to go AT LEAST 60 minutes. Not too bad right? What's 12 minutes of a lunch break? Or 10 minutes in the morning or after work? Take some you time.

No comments:

Post a Comment