Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thanks Ash!

I am encouraged today...team member Ashley got me to the gym today (in spite of her being very sore from a workout the day before). And she gave me a push on switching up my eating habits this week. I have been eating poorly, ok worse then poorly this week. Thanks in part to my lack of will power and Nurse's Week, though I am not a nurse, snacks at the hospital this week have been very plentiful. Today I have no excuses, at home I had 2 cookies and a glass of milk for breakfast. Really? I am pretty sure that some food with some nutritional value may have provided better fuel for my workout. To my defense there was oatmeal in those cookies. I am also still failing miserably at my carry over water goal. At the gym this morning Ashley mentioned she was on her 3rd water bottle. At 10:30 she was already through 2/3rds of my daily goal.
Thanks Ash for some much needed motivation. The rest of those cookies are just going to keep staring at me because I am not biting.

Tomorrow I rest. And drink water :)

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! I finally figured out how to freaking post on this thing, only took me a month! But no problem Susan! I am greatful that we can go to the gym together and not only get our sweat on but seems that is the only way for us to catch up on each others crazy lives! I love it so much! I have now a huge goal, my work family and I are doing the biggest loser contest for 2 months. We started May !7 with a whiegh in followed by a very unhealthy last meal of bad food in the form of Chinese! I will propose a mid whiegh in to see where we are at and then we will do a final one on August 7, the day before we all head to the Big Island of Hawaii. We have not yet figured out what the "prize" will be or what the "loser" will have to do while we are in Hawaii, so if any of you have any ideas let me know! We hence will all win, as we will be spending 2 weeks in Hawaii but we also need a little extra umph of motivation! I am on my 2nd day this week of going to the gym, and I may start doing 2 a days, mornings of cardio followed by evenings of lifting and maybe a little more cardio. But I also have to start doing much better at eating, its the hardest thing for me! Any ideas would be great!
    Keep on Keepin on is helpful though!

    ReplyDelete