Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Why I like to run....

I have decided there are very good reasons for why I like to run. I think mostly it is because it is only about me. I am alone and I have time to think. I also love that I am only competing with myself. Since I started timing myself I am enjoying my ability to push myself a little harder to improve my time. The only advantage I have today is that I am one day stronger then yesterday. Don't get me wrong, when I run in races I do enjoy passing people but in the end those people are only motivation for me to push myself a little harder and my only goal is to be better then I was.

Now that I have completed the relay I am searching for my next race.
I am contemplating a 5k in July, a 12k in August, an obstacle course 5k in September, the 8 or 18 mile around Payette Lake in September, Portland Marathon in October, or the Las Vegas Rock-n-Roll Marathon in December.
Hum....What to choose, all of them???? Definitely not. Most of them???? I would like to but I am not sure how far to push it. I am very tempted to put one of the Marathons on my training schedule but I do have a fear of failure. I used to think that just the idea was crazy but now it actually seems plausible if not even possible. Even though it is just about me I am definitely afraid of disappointing myself. Can I drum up the courage to even start training for one?

2 comments:

  1. You can do it.....but you need to have another baby too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whats the obstacle course 5k all about?

    ReplyDelete