Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I am a runner....

My hubby and I use to always get into an argument when he called me a runner. I always corrected him/ reminded him that I was a jogger. Finally one day I said, "let's goggle it." (It is where I find all my important information)

Wikipedia (another place I get all my information) said this:
The definition of jogging as compared with running is not standard. Dr. George Sheehan, a running expert, is quoted to have said "the difference between a jogger and a runner is an entry blank".[1] Others are usually more specific, defining jogging as running slower than 6 mph (10 minute per mile pace, 9.7 km/h, 6.2 min/km)

So I definitely was a jogger. 10 min per mile pace was right about where I was at. My most recent race I ran I was at around a 9 min 30 sec per mile pace, which was awesome. I don't often time myself but usually I am right around 10 min miles. I haven't been wearing a watch recently but my hubby thought I should because it might help me push myself. Well, as he always thinks he is....he was right.
Tuesday I wore my watch. At mile 1 I checked and was a little over a 9 min mile. Checked again at mile 2, I had slowed down a little bit. So the last mile I left it all out there. I ran around 8 min 55 sec/ mile pace which I was stoked about. I busted through the 9 min mile wall.
Today my hubby and I decided to go for a family run. We loaded up baby and the dog and headed to the greenbelt by the river. We set out for our 3 miler: hubby pushing the baby stroller and myself (thankfully) being pulled by the dog. So even after chasing sippy cups and shoes that flew out of the stroller we made it our 3 miles at 8 min 35 sec/ mile pace. I am super jacked. (even though I had a little help from my furry, four-legged friend) I think my hubby was impressed because now he wants me to set new goals like a 5K in 24 minutes and to run the 18 mile Payette Lake Run (all the way around the lake) in Sept (I usually do the 5K).

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I am a bit jealous!!! I wish I liked running more and it didnt hurt so bad! I dont ever think I will be a runner, but at least I have been working out more than I ever had in my life, well, maybe in my adult life. Cant wait to hear about the relay! Let me know about the gym this week!

    ReplyDelete