Saturday, June 19, 2010

Everyone has bad days....

Right?
Well today is mine, or at least this morning was.
I headed out to do a long run this morning. I wasn't sure how far to push it since I am still sore and recovering. I decided I would make 7 miles my goal. I didn't feel great from the start, tired, tight muscles, and a slight side ache. At mile 2 I took a couple sips of water and then my side ache went from bad to worse. I ran another 1/4 mile then turned up the street to head home. I was beating myself up so I turned around and kept going. At mile 3 I gave up completely. I headed back home.

It was not a good walk home to say the least. I was disappointed with myself. I am afraid I am sabotaging myself before I even get started with my training. I know I did this morning , I walked out the door with it already in my head that I wasn't going to do well. So there I am walking home, now bawling and definitely having a pity party. I started going through all the why me's.....

Ok, I had planned to come home and list them all for you to get you in on my pity party. Maybe scrounge up some sympathy from all of you but my mind was changed.

I walked in the door and my hubby and baby girl were waiting for me (blessing number one and two). He asked me how my run went. Then came the water works again. He encouraged me and told me how proud he was (blessing number three). Then of course baby girl was being cute and made me laugh (blessing number 4). So instead of thinking of all the reasons why I should be depressed I am counting blessings. It should keep me busy because I think there are about a million of them (including all of you).

Tomorrow is another day. For today I am going to enjoy some family time. It is Father's Day weekend and my daughter's half birthday so we are going to celebrate. And I am going to keep focused on the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment