Friday, June 18, 2010

Down for the count.

I had returned to running on Tuesday and had two good days but I had a workout snafu. I got a new magazine that had what I thought would be a great pre-run warm-up. My hubby is always telling me that warm-ups are important. I decided I was going to give it a try.

Wednesday before my run I was lunging, doing squats, hopping around on one leg, etc. Once I was finished my left hamstring and right quad didn't feel real great but because I am smart I went out and ran 4.5 miles anyway. Well I have been very sore for the past two days. This morning it was my excuse to stay in bed, that and the fact that I had to get up at 6am to run and it was super cold in the house this morning making it impossible to get out of bed and I have to work tonight until midnight and I am on call after that and......the excuses just kept coming.

I better muster up some will power because starting Monday I am going to start my Marathon training program. I have decided that since I know it is plausible I might as well try. The worst thing that will happen is that I will get into better shape trying and the best thing would be me running 26.2 miles. I have an additional goal, I want to also beat Oprah's time. I should probably goggle what it was before I set it in stone. Mostly I have decided that I want to complete one before I turn 35. I have a little over a year and a half. I can do this!

I am also going to get back to my weekly goals. They are probably going to be more focused on nutrition and possibly weight training because running is going to happen regardless.

Starting today I am going to try to eliminate sweets. There is a reason that this is the goal and that I am choosing to start on a Friday. Yesterday I am pretty sure that I ate at least 700 calories of garbage and although I am admitting that, I am not admitting what I ate. It is certainly too embarrassing. That doesn't include the pizza, mac-n-cheese, and the glass of wine I had at lunch. (Ash I wish you would've called for a hike, I needed it) Do you ever have those days? Wish me luck because sweets are my downfall.

No comments:

Post a Comment