Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Happy National Running Day!

This evening I was feeling blue. I had just purchased some running pants and a top and really wanted to take them for a spin. Plus it is National Running Day. And my goal is to run, run, run this week. Oh but the rain. I kept watching outside hoping that it would let up. My hubby walked in the house and I was on the couch pouting. I really did not want to drive to the gym to run on the treadmill. I probably complained for 15 minutes until he finally told me to put on my stuff and head out the door. What's a little rain?
It was the best run that I have had for quite sometime. Running in the warm rain was way better then running in the warm bright sun. If it hadn't been for the fact that I wore a bright yellow "rain" jacket I got for running the Payette Lake Run last Sept it would've been perfect. The jacket is more like a shamwow then a rain jacket. (Now I know, I was wondering what I should do with it.)I only went 2.5 miles but it was perfect. After my run I took off my hat, lifted my chin toward the sky and walked around the block (literally) soaking in the rain.
Needless to say I walked into the house minus the pout. Thank you sweet cheeks for sending me out the door and into the rain.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the running! I am so glad you called when you did today and I was able to get away from paying stupid bills and sitting at my desk staring at the computer. I thought we had a great workout, however after some much need food in my belly, even though it was healthy, I am not feeling so hot, guess that just proves I need to eat my Wheaties before the gym! Thanks for a good workout today!

    ReplyDelete