Sunday, May 1, 2011

First things first

We had two firsts this weekend.

The first, first....
Immunizations! As we approached my sons two month check up I was excited to see how much he had grown. I see it daily from the new smiles to the new cooing to the rolling over to the holding his head and chest up. I know he is getting chubby and stronger by the day but for some reason having the baby's doctor notice makes a world of difference. My victory for all the sleep less nights. (and I mean sleep less rather then sleepless, there is some sleep just less). But with the 2 month check up also came the immunizations.
As the day approached I got sick to my stomach. With my daughter her "shots" made her fussy and feverish. I was worried that the same would go for my son. Then I got to thinking, "does that mean I need to feed him more often?"...."What did they tell me to do if he gets a fever?"....
Well he and I both survived. He did get fussy and as instructed I gave him a dose of tylenol. Turned out though that he was merely gassy. So I had to laugh at myself.

The second first....
We took our little guy camping. If you can really call it camping. We stayed in an RV park in something more like a condo then a camp trailer.
I was a little worried about going. My sons immunizations were the same day and I was already nervous about that, and there is always that little worry in the back of my mind, what if he won't eat? But I came armed with bottles and formula and I knew where the nearest ER was.
I don't want his diagnosis to change our lives drastically and I don't want him to miss out on a single thing in life. I do realize that he won't remember this camping trip. He will see pictures when he is older and probably not care all that much but his sister loved it. She loved every minute of it and that made it worth it.

Bruneau Sand Dunes

1 comment:

  1. I also freaked out about the 2 month shots. But we just had tylenol at hand, and though it was a cranky day, no metabolic issues.

    I think it's so wonderful that your family is still going camping and doing the activities you would enjoy with the kids regardless of their health status. Because this is such a manageable condition. We are also going about our lives. Only difference is that we have backup formula in the diaper bag and our ER letter.

    ReplyDelete