Monday, April 4, 2011

Successful Sunday

My Sunday was an absolute success!

Success # 1
Our local ski hill takes 45 minutes to get to even though it is only about 16 miles away because of all of the turns and curves. So far this season the drive up has made my daughter sick every time. We have learned to pack towels, extra clothes, and barf bags. We also have decided to wait to have breakfast till we make it to the lodge. Now this is something that we can't do with our son because of his MCAD, though the genetic counselor assured my husband that if he does get car sick as long as he eats once we get there he will be fine. We are hoping that it turns out he has a stronger stomach then his big sister. Anyway, we made it all the way up with no vomiting. It was slow going and we did have to pull over twice but we did not have a mess to clean up and my car will still smell good this week.

Success # 2
My daughter skied on her own. She is usually wedged between her daddies legs and he is holding her up under her arms. Today she did it herself. Of course daddy had the harness just in case she got out of control. The best part? It was a beautiful day so I bundled up baby boy and put him in the front pack, he loved it, and I got to watch my daughter ski.



Success # 4
Lunch on the patio with good friends. Ahh, grown up conversation!

Success # 3
I got to spend the entire day with my hubby. I have been giving him a bad time about me finding a brother husband. My husband works full time, is on the reserve team for our local paramedics, is training for the toughest half marathon in the northwest, and has been painting a friends house because he broke his leg and can't do it himself. Needless to say he has been gone a lot. He made me a yummy salad for dinner and I even stayed up to watch a movie just to soak up a few more minutes with him.

A few hiccups in the day, a few yawns here and there, and some serious bags under my eyes (thank goodness it was sunglass weather) but it was one of the best days ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment