Monday, April 11, 2011

Potty Training Day One

I should have known today wasn't going to be great. Baby boy had a difficult time going back to sleep after his feedings last night so needless to say I am tired. So it probably is the wrong day to start potty training.

My daughter always uses the potty first thing in the morning so she can get her morning purple jelly belly. After that we put on big girl panties. We bypassed the plastic pants at her request because they "hurt." I did explain that if she had an accident she would have to wear them. We got breakfast started but she was acting sort of sad. I picked her up and gave her a squeeze. She took my face in her hands and looked like she was feeling sad for ME. I think it was her way of saying sorry for what I am about to do to you.

15 minutes later her pants were wet. We cleaned her up and put on new panties covered by plastic pants.
15 minutes go by and we go to sit on the potty again only to find her pants filled with poop.
Frustration sets in.
I clean her up and put her in new panties and plastic pants. Mind you in between I am trying to get her brother fed, changed, and his pants changed.
15 minutes later, success.
15 minutes after that wet panties.

Now I am considering next time just letting her sit in her wet plastic pants until she tells me she is wet.
Also up for consideration is aborting the mission altogether. I thought she was ready and now she seems determined to not be. Maybe having a new baby in the house has really impacted her more then I thought it would. I was hoping to use my last 6 weeks at home to get her potty trained.

Well looks like option number one. She told me she had to go poopy only to find her panties soaked through.

Can I let her wear diapers forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment