Thursday, July 1, 2010

Redo

I think that I am going to need a redo on my training for this week. So far I am up to 2 dreadful miles (for some reason they were painful).

I took Monday off because I rocked it on Sunday with my 9 miler. I worked till midnight Monday so I figured I wouldn't be able to get my butt out of bed to run on Tuesday. But I did have great hopes for Wednesday and......

Well I got called into work at 1:45 am and it was 2 hours + some change before I was back home in bed. Needless to say I didn't get up early to run and by the time I could go it was super warm and I would have to push pumpkin in the stroller. I decided, no.

Now it's Thursday and I should be proud because I did run. Did I get up early? No, for some reason I could not rise to the 6 am blare of my alarm clock. After breakfast kiddo and I packed up our stuff and headed to the greenbelt. I struggled to run 2 miles while pushing the stroller then we spent an hour playing in the park.

If I tried to get back on track for the week I would have 23 miles to run in 3 days. Impossible? Probably not. Ridiculous? Absolutely. So I am just going to do my best to put in some miles in the next 3 days and start again next week.

1 comment:

  1. No worries, this was a crazy week for me too, I went on Monday to the gym, and then again on Tuesday, I went to the lake on Wednesday and am now so freaking sore from wakeboarding that I can barley carry laundry baskets down the stairs. So needless to say I did not hit the gym today. But I did take the kids ice skating so at least I wasnt a complete fail! I was gonna try and go to the gym tonight but am way too tired. I hopefully can get my butt out of bed in the morning and go get a good work out in and do something very very active on Saturday and maybe even on sunday! Keep up the good work, maybe we need a gym session soon to get the motivation back!!!

    ReplyDelete