Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The search is on....

I have been searching for the perfect pediatrician and it is proving very difficult.

I am finding the fear mongers who want us to lock our son away with only play dates at our house where I can enforce a strict "no sickys allowed" policy. I wonder what he would have said if I told him that there may come a time when we will have to send our son to daycare. Would he have called child services?

I am finding Drs that hear about MCADD and instantly put their hands out in front of them in a defensive position stating that they would send my son down the road to the other hospital if he ended up in the ER at their hospital.

I am struggling a bit here, it is hard to think that your child has a condition that some providers don't want to tackle...the search continues.

We do have one more appointment but it is a month away. I am optimistic, he is affiliated with our children's hospital and comes highly recommended.

Only 2 1/2 more days till our appt with our geneticist. Since our son had his first hospitalization my questions have grown exponentially. I cannot wait to get some answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment